What is the recovery like after a vasectomy? Complications? How successful?

In brief: Vasectomy recovery

Usually done friday.
..Back to work monday....But no big workouts first week back.....Scapel or no scapel is a marketing tool....Bottom line is a small hole is made in the scrotum to get to the vas and cut it....Very common procedure.

In brief: Vasectomy recovery

Usually done friday.
Dr. Richard Sarle
Dr. Richard Sarle
David Miller

In brief: A few days of pain

A vasectomy involves cutting the tube that transports sperm from the testicles to the outside, preventing fertilization.
Recovery is generally fairly rapid, with a few days of pain. Complications can include swelling and infection. Success is typically well over 90%. I would recommend the no-scalpel procedure, which heals quicker.

In brief: A few days of pain

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
David Miller
You're welcome!
Dr. Andrea Brand