My taste buds have changed a lot while pregnant. Things taste different. Will they return to normal once I deliver?

Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dentistry

In brief: Probably

You may find that they will return to normal once your hormones return to the pre=pregnancy levels.
If you intend to breast feed this will taketill at least a month or two after you stop breast feeding.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dr. Leonard Lado

In brief: Abnormal taste

In a study by nordin et al in 2004 they found that abnormal smell and/or taste perception was reported by 76% of the pregnant women, typically believed to be caused by their pregnancy.
Increased smell sensitivity was found to be very common at the early stage of pregnancy (67% of all pregnant respondents) and occasionally accompanied by qualitative smell distortions (17%) and phantom smells (14%).

In brief: Abnormal taste

Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Jane Van Dis