I have very fast heart rates (95-151) when doing virtually nothing. I feel lightheaded after exercise for 10 min or so. What could be going on?

Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: SVT

Svt=supraventricular tachycardia is a possibility.
Go get seen asap as this could be a sign of a serious heart condition. It can and needs to be treated. Call in the morning if you feel fine now, or head to the er if you're heart is racing currently. Don't mess around with such a problem.

In brief: SVT

Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Matt Malkin
Anesthesiology

In brief: SVT

Agree that may be svt, of which there are many kinds.
In the meantime, cutback or eliminate caffeine and anything claiming to be for energy. It should go without saying, abstain from tobacco, amphetamines, cocaine. Get checked out, get ekg. Your doctor will start workup.

In brief: SVT

Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology