What is the standard dose of methotrexate for treating psoarisis?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: 15-25 mg weekly

There is no one standard dose.
I have found that a range of 15-25 mg weekly works best for most of my psoriasis patients.

In brief: 15-25 mg weekly

There is no one standard dose.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: 15-25 mg /week!

I firmly believe Methotrexate should be given by the subcutaneous route once weekly.
You bypass the gut, cut down the 300 x first pass overload though the liver, and have far fewer GI issues. Also, since people absorb between 40-90% of mtx by the oral route, but absorb 100% by the s.C. Route, it is difficult to argue for oral mtx. I would not take it orally myself. The dose is based on response!

In brief: 15-25 mg /week!

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Jane Van Dis