I just goun out my 14 month old son ha first detections of msra. Tey are starting him on antibiotics. I don't want to lose him. Can it be cured? Plz

Dr. SG Erman
Mrsa is usually curable with specific antibiotics.
It may depend on where the infection is, how soon it was diagnosed, how healthy your son is, and other factors. The chances are very good that your son will be ok. Best wishes.

Dr. SG Erman
Dr. SG Erman
Dr. Slade Suchecki
MRSA is resistant to a penicillin, there are usually other options.
In brief: Have never lost one
Mrsa is responsible for more than half the routein pustules i drain in my office every year & none have ever become significantly ill.
The media facination & overblown coverage aside, this represents a simple problem that should clear up quickly.Monitor your kids progress & stay in touch with your physician.Occasionally, the site must be drained & sometimes more than once.

In brief: Have never lost one
Dr. Jonathan Jassey