My friend heart beats rapidly at very random times and he doesn't think thats a problem. What can he do about his random rapid heart beat?

See a doctor. There are many causes of this .It would be helpful to know how fast his heart rate gets.He might well need blood tests such as thyroid testing.He would also need an electrocardiogram and possibly a 24 hr heart monitor called a holter monitor.It would be important to see his doctor to determine if the rapid heart rate originates from the top or bottom of the heart.Avoid caffeine and see a doctor!
Rapid heart rate. It could be physiological or pathological. Your friend needs to see a cardiologist to figure out what kind of rapid rhythm it is by an ekg or holter or an event monitor.