I got stitched up 2 days ago, is it okay if it is still oozing? How do I clean it?

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology
In brief: Normal healing!
Wounds take time to heal.
Depending on where on the body you were sutured, the stitches will be removed in 1-2 weeks. The oozing is normal. Gently clean the area with peroxide and remove any crusting or dried up ooze that may have formed. Then apply a thin layer of vaseline ointment. No need to keep wound covered at this stage unless it will get dirty. Do this 2-3x day until sutures are removed.

In brief: Normal healing!
Wounds take time to heal.
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
In brief: Atoches
Redness by scar area is normal.
Redness expanding beyond scar area is not normal. Oozing that crusts is okay , oozing that is thick and creamy color is not normal. If scar looks like is bumpy and raising that may mean fluid (blood/pus) is accumulating and thst is not normal. Hope this help.

In brief: Atoches
Redness by scar area is normal.
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me help
If the oozing is minor and have no redness and swelling that will be fine, it should get less with time, you could clean with hydrogen peroxide with no problems.
Good luck, thank you.

In brief: Let me help
Good luck, thank you.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery