Im a week late and have symptoms of early pregnancy when would be the best time to take a pregnancy test and should I continue taking my birth control

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Take it now,,,

This would be a very good time to take it, as no period is likely pregnancy until proven otherwise.
If it is positive, it would be wise to stop your birth control so it cannot interfere with the pregnancy. If it turns out to be negative, it would be wise to see your doctor to repeat the test as you still could be pregnant, and get an exam in case there is another reason for the late period.

In brief: Take it now,,,

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Jane Van Dis