What causes fluid retention in the space between the clavicle and neck? My endo says its fat but it comes & goes. I'm 127# and 5'4". Ddx?

Dr. Victor Bonuel

In brief: I agree with your

Endocrinologist. You have ideal body weight and if u have no other issues such as hypertension, diabetes and elevated lipids, this fatty tissue is benign.
This is not fluid and this area is not a common location for fluid collection. People with cushing's (elevated adrenal steroids) develop 'buffalo hump' where swelling is in the upper back of the area you're describing. Take care!

In brief: I agree with your

Dr. Victor Bonuel
Dr. Victor Bonuel
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine