Are there any foods that toddlers can't eat or shouldn't eat because of the possibility of allergies?

Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: No
For every study suggesting that a food should be delayed, there's another showing that there is no reason to delay it.
At the most recent world allergy congress where all of these data worldwide were presented, the consensus is that there is no consensus; the only reliable recommendation that could be made is that food allergy is less likely to develop in infants who are breastfed for 6-9 months.

In brief: No
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Marivic Botta
In brief: no
Recommendations have changed from several years ago.
Never give honey to a child less than 1 year. If your toddler has been doing fine with foods so far, there's no need to avoid anything else. It's a good idea to indroduce foods one at a time and watch for any problems - pay attention to foods that have reputation for allergies: peanut, seafood, millk, egg. Avoid choking hazards like popcorn.

In brief: no
Dr. Marivic Botta
Dr. Marivic Botta
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Not Sure
The "old" thinking was that delaying introduction of certain common allergens such as peanut butter was beneficial.
However newer research suggests the opposite. I think we need more definition and advice from experts.

In brief: Not Sure
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me help
Although honey seems like a wholesome and natural food to give your infant, don't do it until after she's at least 12 months old.
Honey can contain spores of a bacterium called clostridium botulinum, which can germinate in a baby's immature digestive system and cause infant botulism, a rare but potentially fatal illness.

In brief: Let me help
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Adam Smith