I have red skin and bumps around the outer corner of my eyes. I suspect this irritation is from my tears. What are the causes and remedies for this?

Dr. Alan Mindlin
Ophthalmology

In brief: Lacrimal gland

Get evaluated for focused treatment by an ophthalmologist.
This is not as rare as you might believes.This can be from your tears. This would indicate infection under the lateral aspect of the eyelids where the lacrimal glands are located.

In brief: Lacrimal gland

Dr. Alan Mindlin
Dr. Alan Mindlin
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Airborne

Tears would not cause this.
Rashes immediately around the eyes are usually caused by dust, pollen, and other airborne allergens and irritants. Your eye sockets are natural "cups" that trap airborne particles, and the skin in those areas is thin and sensitive. Makeup used to be a common cause of such rashes but not any more; the cosmetic companies have largely eliminated allergens from eye makeup.

In brief: Airborne

Tears would not cause this.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern