My boyfriend tested positive for mono, and he's had it for about 3 weeks. I have no symptoms yet. How can I prevent it? Should I see a doctor?

In brief: No

Mono often occurs in early childhood as a simple virus that is similar to most others & seldom results in a doctor visit or diagnosis.
They are then immune. It is more intense in teens or adults, but takes a good 3-6 weeks before most show signs. Antibiotics would not help anything (virus). Testing before any signs of illness is usually falsely negative. I'd just wait & see, you may be immune.

In brief: No

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: No prevention

Mono is caused by a virus.
The treatment is support care.

In brief: No prevention

Mono is caused by a virus.
The treatment is support care.
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Shontae Buffington