I'm 38 and had my first baby 10 months ago. Since having her, I have had a TIA and now on blood pressure meds along with thyroid meds. Will it go away?

Dr. David Finke

In brief: Sometimes.

Problems related to pregnancy such as these usually improve by 10 months post-partum. It sounds like you may have had some underlying problems that were exacerbated by the pregnancy? I just want to encourage you to keep taking your medications and get regular follow-ups to remain healthy! hang in there!

In brief: Sometimes.

Dr. David Finke
Dr. David Finke
David Miller

In brief: Pituitary

The TIA could have affected your pituitary, which would explain both the blood pressure and thyroid problems.
If that's the case, then you will likely be on this medication for life.

In brief: Pituitary

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Eric Weisman