I get a sharp pain in my abdomen on rear occasions, this is usally on the left side, could this be a symton for an appendic?

What causes LLQ pain. Causes of recurrent abdominal discomfort as described may be identified by first addressing accompanying signs/symptoms so as to localize the organ involved: vaginal discharge or bleeding, alteration in periods, pregnancy risk? Fever, nausea, vomiting, altered stool pattern, blood with stool, tenderness, distension? Painful urination, blood in urine? Recent trauma, herniations? Age? Gender? Risks?
Less likely as cause. With rare exceptions, the appendix is on the right lower side of your abdomen, so appendicitis is less likely as a cause of your symptoms. However, there are many other possible causes, so i recommend that you see your doctor for evaluation soon.