I have severe high blood pressure and i'm on carvedilol. Ihave tightness in the center of my chest. I have no other symptoms. Could my heart be failing?

Dr. Dipesh Pokharel
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Possible

Uncontrolled blood is one of the cause of heart failure (failing heart).
Symptoms of heart failure could be chest tightness, but usually it is shortness of breath. I would make sure your blood pressure is well controlled and if not work with your doctor to add more medications. It would be worthwhile to get checked by your physician and get examination and may be echocardiogram.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Sweta Chandela
Chest tightness could indicate that you are having angina. I would recommend asking your doctor to be validated by a cardiologist. Hypertension is a risk factor for heart disease. You may need a stress test and echocardiogram for complete evaluation.
Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: That is possible

But an echocardiogram would rapidly determine heart strength.

In brief: That is possible

Dr. Vicken Poochikian