Hello...I have a d& c for blighted ovum after a 8.5 weeks pregnancy. Want to know when should I start for ttc and what is the chance of another b.O?

Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine

In brief: 1 month

I would advise to wait one month that allows the uterine lining to turn over 1 full time.
You can wait longer if you like. It should not predispose you to another miscarriage but the general risk of miscarriage is around 25%.

In brief: 1 month

Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Ricardo Estape
Gynecology - Oncology

In brief: 3 months

A good rule is to wait for at least 3 normal periods before you attempt pregnancy again.
This allows for the inner lining of the uterus to get back to normal. The chance of another bo is not increased because you had 1 bo, therefore it is the same, less than 5% of diagnosed pregnancies.

In brief: 3 months

Dr. Ricardo Estape
Dr. Ricardo Estape
Dr. Jane Van Dis