My tooth filling fell out 2 weeks after it was done. Do I have to pay extra to repair it? I'm worried it'll cost me.

In brief: Discuss w/ dentist

Most offices will not charge to replace a filling if it dislodged after just a few weeks.
Your best bet is to call the office and explain the situation.

In brief: Discuss w/ dentist

Dr Theodore Davantzis
Dr Theodore Davantzis
Dr Tracy Lovell
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See below

Maybe not---talk to your dentist.
He or she can tell you better than we can.

In brief: See below

Maybe not---talk to your dentist.
Dr Tracy Lovell
Dr Tracy Lovell
Dr Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Cause dependent

The answer to that depends both on the reason why it came out & also on the particular dentist.
If the filling broke or came out due to no fault of the patient, most dentists will (or should) replace the filling at no cost. Sometimes the reason for filling failure results from additional tooth structure breaking off and not as a result of poor dentistry. It is left to the discretion of the dentist.

In brief: Cause dependent

Dr Gary Sandler
Dr Gary Sandler
Dr Gary Sandler
Most dentists will try to maintain good dentist\patient relationship and redo the filling at no cost, or suggest a better, stronger and more permanent solution if necessary with the patient only having to pay the difference.
Dr Robert Devin
Dentistry

In brief: New filling fails

New fillings fail for a lot of reasons.
If this happens in my office an I am sure the patient did not traumatize the tooth, we usually redo it without additional cost.

In brief: New filling fails

New fillings fail for a lot of reasons.
Dr Robert Devin
Dr Robert Devin
Dr Marsha Davis