At what age can I start giving my baby time outs?

Dr. Lisa Roberts
In brief: 18 months
Of course, that really depends.
I've had a few of my patients who were able to understand the concept of time out at even 15 months. This depends on the developmental stage of the child. Most children will understand the concept around 18-24 months of age. Remember, time out will not last long; it's only about a minute per year of age.

In brief: 18 months
Of course, that really depends.
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Michael Pappas
In brief: Around 18 months
Every child is different, but by the late teen months, children can begin to understand the topic.
Time out must be accompanied by a brief explanation of what they did wrong, and also a brief time out. One to two minutes is reasonable enough at that age and can be increased by about 1 minute a year.

In brief: Around 18 months
Dr. Michael Pappas
Dr. Michael Pappas
Dr. Jonathan Jassey