What action should Lipitor (atorvastatin) patients take if their legs start cramping presumably due to elevated ck levels?

Lipitor (atorvastatin) side effects. The best action to take is to stop lipitor, (atorvastatin) and report it to the prescribing physician. You should make an appointment with him for evaluation, possibly to check for some labs. The worst case senario is rhabdomyolysis, which could lead to renal failure. You could take some coenzyme q10 and vitamin d supplements in the meantime.
Stop. This can be a serious condition, so i would recommend you stop the lipitor, (atorvastatin) contact your doctor and determine if that was the cause, and have your muscle enzymes checked. Sometimes adding coq10 helps this, but there are other drugs you can use that might not have the same side effect for you.