Ate a burger from a fast food place; about 3 hrs later I began experincing cold like symptoms..Scratchy throat, headache, etc.Is it related 2 what I ate?

In brief: No/needs to incubate

An exposure to saliva from touching a doorknob & then your face in the preceding 12-24 hrs likely passed a virus to you.
Similar public exposures are also the common source. Studies show the average adult touching their face /nose 6 or more times/hr which brings anything your fingers touch to a location where easy access to your mouth/airway is possible. Frequent hand washing cuts exposures.

In brief: No/needs to incubate

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: No, but....

It is doubtful that the burger caused your symptoms.
It is more likely due to the high school kid working on the 'burger line' who coughed on your food!

In brief: No, but....

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Marsha Davis