Compared to hand washing, is hand sanitizer actually ok? Say after countless diaper changes? Of course not after poop diapers or when I use the b-room

The data i've seen supports the use of hand sanitizers enough that i now use it almost exclusively in my office for hand prep between patients.
Although not effective for some soil removal, viral or bacterial transfer is nearly eliminated if done right (all contact surfaces covered). It does have a long term drying effect, but i find it similar to handwashing in the long run.

Dr. Katharine Garnier
I agree,the studies show that "hand sanitizer is no better than handwashing" they are equivalent if done properly. While I think the study was meant to show that hand sanitizer was superior and it failed to do that, it showed that it was at least equal so that most hospitals now have it for use between patients for the staff, and visitors.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey