Can the small intestine be examined with an abdominal CT scan?

Small intestine is . Difficult to image with any modality, but regular ct is not enough. Small bowel contrast study, capsule study, and enterography are options, but sometimes surgical exploration is required for accurate diagnosis.
Imaging. Both imaging tests will give useful information. Your team of docs may be looking for specific information to evaluate your case for a particular diagnosis. Okay to ask your team why one test is preferred over the other. Okay to understand what diagnosis is being considered.