I have been bleeding from my rectum for about a week now coupled with lower back pain. Each day the amount of blood has increased. Any suggestions?

See your doctor. The two symptoms may be unrelated, but continual recatl bleeding is definitely abnormal and needs to be checked by a physician.
Proctitis vs U.C.. It seems that you may have a condition called proctitis or ulcerative colitis. These can cause pain and bleeding. External hemorrhoids can bleed and be painful, but not much back pain. It is unsual for colon cancer to cause excessive bright bleeding with pain like you have. Either way, you should consult doc for an eval...Good luck.