Does a little bit of bloody mucus mean rectal or colon cancer?

Blood needs check-up. Bleeding from the GI tract (whether identified via mouth or rectum, whether visible in stool or found on fecal occult blood test) is never normal. Even "a little bit" of bleeding deserves evaluation to identify source. For most patients, however bleeding as you describe does not mean cancer, but rather inflammation, broken blood vessels, diverticulosis, infection, ischemia, fissures, hemorrhoids.
No. It may be colitis or a similar condition. But it does need to be checked by a physician. It could be cancer - there is no way that the patient, himself or herself, can sort this out. Get it checked!