I get a sharp pain once in a while in the back of my head sometimes small pain but sometime it really hurts?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Pain in back of head
Occasional, sharp, shooting pains lasting only seconds in the back of the head are common.
The usual cause is transient pressure on one of the nerves that runs out between the vertebrae in the neck, which transiently puts pressure on a nerve and causes that sensation. As long as it is only once in a while, it is normal. Persistent pain for a week or more should be evaluated.

In brief: Pain in back of head
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Arthur Vecchiotti
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Headache
This could be muscle spasm or tension, as it is intermittent, and i suppose goes away completely, only to happen again.
Whether the pain disappears in between episodes would be important to know.

In brief: Headache
Dr. Arthur Vecchiotti
Dr. Arthur Vecchiotti
Dr. Vikram Patel