Is doubling up on birth control pills to prevent your period one month bad?

Not good.... Check with your doctor before changing your medication regimen. There are often adverse consequences when directions are not followed...
Not the best method. The way to prevent your period from coming is to keep taking your pills during the placebo week, or the week you are off the pills. Doubling up will not stop your period from coming if you still stop the pills at the end of the packet. The lowest dose of pill that is effective is the best dose to take. If you double up you are at risk to have more side effects from the pills.