I am going to call to make an appointment for my 1st obgyn visit ever but what do I say when I call?

Christopher Bailey
General Practice
In brief: Annual Exam
When you call you can let them know that this is your first ob/gyn visit and you would like to have an annual exam (a once a year gynecological exam that includes a general review of your past medical history, a physical and a pelvic exam including a pap smear test).
From there, the receptionist may ask for registration information (age, health insurance, etc).

In brief: Annual Exam
Christopher Bailey
Christopher Bailey
Answer assisted by Christopher Bailey, Medical Student
Dr. Anne Rodriguez
In brief: Just that
Tell them just what you said, that you would like to make an appointment, and it will be your first visit.

In brief: Just that
Dr. Anne Rodriguez
Dr. Anne Rodriguez
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham