My neurologist said tremors, speaking issues and unsteady gait were due to nerves in my brain. Is there a medical term for this?

Dr. George Valdez

In brief: Parkinsons?

One of the more common types of this issue is parkinson's, but you should ask your doctor what the exact diagnosis is.

In brief: Parkinsons?

Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Philip Chao
Radiology

In brief: Tremors

Dysarthria and gait disturbance point to possible posterior fossa problems.
Could be ischemic or possible a tumor or some other degenerative condition. You need a special MRI scan with special attention to the posterior fossa - 70559 with and without contrast. Some causes of posterior fossa symptoms are seen only after contrast administration.. Contrast can change the diagnosis in 1/4 cases.

In brief: Tremors

Dr. Philip Chao
Dr. Philip Chao
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine