I am a 31 year old man with spina bifida & I find the when I go to the restroom in the morning very little urine comes out of me. Is that normal?

Dr. Joseph De santi
In brief: Spinal Slowdown
This is not unusual in this type of condition since the nerves that control the bladder could be affected.
In such a situation the ability to relax the bladder neck muscle effectively in coordination with the contraction of the bladder wall muscle to begin urination may be impaired. As a result the sensation to void could be affected as well as the ability to empty the bladder completely.

In brief: Spinal Slowdown
Dr. Joseph De santi
Dr. Joseph De santi
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
I free with Dr De Santi. But since spina bifida is congenital, at age 31 you should know what is normal for you. if this is a change from the usual urine flow it could be from infection, prostate enlargement, dehydration, meds or a change in innervation. Perhaps get checked out
Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology
In brief: Experience teaches
You have lived with this problem 31 years.
How long has this problem been occurring? If most of your life, then you have a "neurogenic bladder", common in spina bifida. But if this is new, consider inadequate fluid intake as cause of your problem. Sometimes an over-distended bladder will not relax readily after overnight sleep, perfectly normal.

In brief: Experience teaches
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Eric Weisman