I'm a little over weight. I keep having chest pains. Feels like someone is taking a razor to my heart. ?

Dr. Katharine Garnier

In brief: Heart or not....

Go to your doctor, even if it isn't your heart it needs to be checked, it can be severe reflux, that untreated can lead to esophagus cancer.
Your body is telling you something is not normal. Obviously weight loss and better eating habits are important, but go get checked out now. Your doctor can help you find out what is wrong, treat you, and help get you on the right track!

In brief: Heart or not....

Dr. Katharine Garnier
Dr. Katharine Garnier
Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Chest pain not good

Chest pain is nothing to ignore! the potential origin of your symptoms includes: heart, lungs, mediastinum, esophagus, musculoskeletal, pericardium (sac around the heart), pleuritis, bronchiitis, or referred pain from a remote site.
Your doctor will be concerned about accompanying fever, blood with coughing, vomiting, shortness or breath, difficulty reclining, tenderness. Get checked please asap.

In brief: Chest pain not good

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology