I am in the medical field and contacted herpes type 2 on my arm. How can I treat it? How cautious should I be?

Valtrex (valacyclovir) Also zovirax (acyclovir), (acyclovir) Acyclovir and topical zovirax (acyclovir) ointment can be used to treat herpes. It decreases symptoms and shedding time of the virus but is not a cure. Contagion is a critical issue if you work with newborns or people who are immune compromised. In healthy individuals it is highly unlikely to be contracted without intimate contact or without direct contact to mucous membrane or broken skin.
Antiviral. Oral antiviral-zovirax, Valtrex (valacyclovir) or Famvir can be taken in loading dose of 2 grams to lessen the effect of herpes. A variant is found in dental workers called herpetic whitlow where they develop a new infection on the finger. It is possible that with intact skin there will be. No manifestation of the herpes.