My 19 year old son has a headache and sudden onset of neck pain. Woke this morning w/ mild neck pain increasing throughout the day. Need 2 worrry?

Dr. William Lizarraga
In brief: Maybe
I would take him to his pediatrician or primary care doctor. Is he in college? Sometimes this is the first presentation of meningitis, which can be serious.
Usually this progresses rapidly to cause fever, headaches, and neck stiffness and pain. It can be bacterial or viral.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. James Marx
If there is neck stiffness, I would not wait til morning.
Dr. James Marx
Pain Management
In brief: See Dr ASAP
Can't say for sure what is going on but if this is the first time for such symptoms, you need to see a dr. Asap!

In brief: See Dr ASAP
Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine