I'm 49, I have terrible hearing, however, I always have sinus congestion. I'm wondering if that can contribute to my poor hearing?

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery
Sinus problems can contribute to hearing problems.
That is not a complete answer, of course, but the basic answer is "yes". You should have things checked by an ENT doctor. They understand both problems and how they can be interrelated.

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Having an audiology evaluation to determine the functional status of your ears and see whether you need to see an ENT doctor. Ear protection may help. Do you have allergies? chronic Eustachian tube dysfunction will contribute. Also osteopathic treatment of neck, face and head has been able to help many people with such is. cranialacademy.com has a doctor finder to help you find one near you.
Dr. Eric Weisman