Starting today. I woke up and every time I get up or stand up in any way I get super dizzy but right when I lay down i'm perfectly better. What is it?

Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Describe dizzy!
Though benign positional vertigo (bpv) is a good possibility, it's important to describe what you mean by dizzy : 1.
Dizzy = things are"spinning" around, or 2. Dizzy ="light-headed" and about to faint. #1 suggests bpv while #2, in the appropriate context such as starting a new medication (like a beta-blocker for high blood pressure) it can also be orthostatic hypotension.

In brief: Describe dizzy!
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po
2 comments
Dr. Katharine Garnier
You might also have a labyrinthitis, which occurs sometimes after a mild viral illness. You can get dizzy whenever you move, and you may get nausea with it, almost like carsickness. Sometimes your balance is so bad you look drunk,having to hold on to things when you walk. You need to see a doctor to diagnose you, and to help treat this, there are medications that can help!
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr Garnier is accurate in distinguishing between "dizziness" and true vertigo. The latter involves a rotatory sensation or a sense of impulsion (in which you feel as if the ground is coming up to meet you).
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Vertigo
This sounds like "benign positional vertigo".
You're fine in one kind of position, but in others -- bad spins! this can be helped by a doctor. See an ENT doctor. Some primary care doctors can help too.

In brief: Vertigo
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
There is medicine that can be Rx'd for vertigo. Do you have allergies? chronic Eustachian tube dysfunction can contribute. Have U had any head trauma? Also osteopathic treatment of neck, face and head has been able to help many people with such is. cranialacademy.com has a doctor finder to help you find one near you.