What to do if i sprained my wrist. Should i wear a wrist brace, support, or splint?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: May be of benefit

Taping / strapping or use of a brace may be of benefit in the initial phase to help immobilize and support the area.
Later on, the wrist will need range of motion exercises to improve strengthening. Consult your physician to see what they recommend for your type of injury.

In brief: May be of benefit

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Any

In my opinion, these are all different words for basically the same thing - removable supports for an injured joint.
There are many different types of splints/braces/supports, and as long as one is immobilizing your injured wrist and is comfortable, it should be fine. In our office, we use a velcro cock-up brace which keeps the wrist in an anatomic position and is removable for hygiene.

In brief: Any

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine