How can I reduce the intensity of my cramps during my period?

Options. Ibuprofen is a good start. Lysteda is a new nonhormonal prescription medication that works great. Birth control pills and NuvaRing work. Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud very effective.
Try Motrin first. Many women retain fluid during time just before through after the period. The fluid increases pressure on the structures of your back/pelvis, --> hurts and makes u not want to move, which in turn contributes to decreased fluid movement in the tissues. Ibuprofen helps many women with menstrual pain. Osteopathic treatment can help balance the mechanics of ur pelvis/low back. Then go take a walk!