9 doctors weighed in:
Are lice shampoos potentially hazardous?
9 doctors weighed in

Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics
4 doctors agree
In brief: Yes & no
Used appropriately these are not a problem. However, most available products are basically bug spray in liquid form or various alcohol preparations.
They work by poisoning the lice. Leaving the med on too long, applying too often, inhaling the fumes etc increase the toxicity to the patient. Please follow directions & confer with your pcp if questions arise.

In brief: Yes & no
Used appropriately these are not a problem. However, most available products are basically bug spray in liquid form or various alcohol preparations.
They work by poisoning the lice. Leaving the med on too long, applying too often, inhaling the fumes etc increase the toxicity to the patient. Please follow directions & confer with your pcp if questions arise.
Dr. James Ferguson
Dr. James Ferguson
Thank
Dr. Indu Lal
Pediatrics
3 doctors agree
In brief: Yes
Should be under medical supervision. Most of them are neurotoxics.

In brief: Yes
Should be under medical supervision. Most of them are neurotoxics.
Dr. Indu Lal
Dr. Indu Lal
Thank
Read more answers from doctors