What can I do to get rid of lice without using chemical treatment?

David Escobar
In brief: Smother them!
There are not other proven therapies to kill lice and their eggs.
However, certain home remedies are practical and often used by pediatricians. The best is smothering them, by coating the hair in a heavy layer of vegetable oil that is left on x 48 hours - cover with a shower cap. Also, always change clothing, linen and everything else in contact with infected head. Good luck!

In brief: Smother them!
David Escobar
David Escobar
Answer assisted by David Escobar, Medical Student
Dr. Mark Eisenberg
Neurosurgery
In brief: Olive Oil and pickin
There are methods utilizing olive oil every nite to kill the lice and then picking through the hair to remove the nits.
This is rather labor intensive but does work and avoids the use of chemicals. I am sure you can the details on-line and find an agency in your community that can help you for a fee.

In brief: Olive Oil and pickin
Dr. Mark Eisenberg
Dr. Mark Eisenberg
Dr. Jonathan Jassey