I just got braces and i can't chew. Im gonna starve since i can't eat. Help?

Dr. Stuart Hoffman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Braces/Eat

Elen, you will need to be more specific.
First of all. it is very normal to have sore teeth for the first few days after the braces are put on. I do not believe it will last the entirety of treatment. Taking normal ibuprofen/acetometaphen can ease the discomfort. The discomfort normally lasts a few days. You will not starve.....Speak to your orthodontist about your "chewing" concerns.

In brief: Braces/Eat

Dr. Stuart Hoffman
Dr. Stuart Hoffman
Dr. William Dabney
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Food & braces

Go with softer foods and eat more frequently.
Try some milkshakes that have extra protein and calories. Soups, noodles , pudding and ice cream should get you through the next few days.

In brief: Food & braces

Dr. William Dabney
Dr. William Dabney