I stopped smoking about 2weeks ago and 3 days ago I started coughing non stop.?

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: See a doc

It’s not uncommon to have increased coughing after smoking cessation.
It is because years of tar build-up is loosening and must be expelled from the lungs. Cigarette smoking destroys tiny hair-like projections lining the respiratory tract called cilia. When you quit smoking, the cilia need to repair and regenerate themselves. Coughing is often due to the reemerging cilia. But you should see a doc.

In brief: See a doc

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Possibility...

You could be coughing due to bronchospasm.
As the inflammation in your airways is subsiding, you may be having some bronchospasm. See your doctor as you may need a bronchodilator and perhaps a steroid inhaler. Avoid smoking as this could worsen the situation. Congrats on quitting! be proud of this achievement!

In brief: Possibility...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Marsha Davis