My hand is really itchy and will sometimes crack or have tiny bubbles that leak when I scratch my hand what is itk?

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Pompholyx

You most likely have pompholyx, a common type of eczema affecting hands, fingers, and sometimes feet, also known as dyshidrotic eczema.
The cause is not known, but may be related to problems with sweating. It can get infected by bacteria and get aggravated by contact with irritants such as water, soaps and detergents. You need to be evaluated by a physician with a good history and exam.

In brief: Pompholyx

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
3 comments
Dr. Bac Nguyen
These can be intensely itchy..potent steroid creams can be helpful, but there isn't a cure for this condition
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
And in some cases an actual allergen can be identified. Sometimes allergy patch testing may identify a surprise allergen that is relevant to a patient's history.
Dr. Thomas Balshi
Dermatology

In brief: Hand eczema

Dyshidrotic hand eczema has symptoms as you have described.
It usually responds to a prescription strength cortisone cream or ointment.

In brief: Hand eczema

Dr. Thomas Balshi
Dr. Thomas Balshi