My hand is really itchy and will sometimes crack or have tiny bubbles that leak when I scratch my hand what is itk?

Dr. Michio Abe
In brief: Pompholyx
You most likely have pompholyx, a common type of eczema affecting hands, fingers, and sometimes feet, also known as dyshidrotic eczema.
The cause is not known, but may be related to problems with sweating. It can get infected by bacteria and get aggravated by contact with irritants such as water, soaps and detergents. You need to be evaluated by a physician with a good history and exam.

In brief: Pompholyx
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
3 comments
Dr. Bac Nguyen
These can be intensely itchy..potent steroid creams can be helpful, but there isn't a cure for this condition
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
And in some cases an actual allergen can be identified. Sometimes allergy patch testing may identify a surprise allergen that is relevant to a patient's history.
Dr. Thomas Balshi
Dermatology
In brief: Hand eczema
Dyshidrotic hand eczema has symptoms as you have described.
It usually responds to a prescription strength cortisone cream or ointment.

In brief: Hand eczema
Dr. Thomas Balshi
Dr. Thomas Balshi