Is it safe for pregnant women to get botox or dysport injections? Would those injections negatively effect a woman's chances of getting pregnant?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
In brief: Unsure
There are no studies to show that Botox or Dysport are safe in pregnancy.
They are not commonly used by pregnant women. Using these medications for cosmetic reasons would be unlikely to affect fertility.

In brief: Unsure
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. John Hoffmann
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Unknown
In general you should avoid all unnecessary medications while you are pregnant.
It is unlikely that the safety if Botox has be studied during pregnancy and it would not be advised. I'm not aware that it has any effect on fertility.

In brief: Unknown
Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. Jason Lichten
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Probably, but don't
The only thing i would add here is that, while I do not offer Botox injections to patients who are pregnant, and i suggest you avoid it if you are or may be pregnant, if you find out later that you were pregnant when you had your Botox injections, i don't think you should worry too much about it as it is very unlikely that there will be any ill effects; it just hasn't been studied.

In brief: Probably, but don't
Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Burke Chegar
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Not advisable
Women who are pregnant should not get Dysport (or botox).
It has not been studied so rare side effects or harm to the fetus are not known. There have not any credible evidence that is class of drugs affects future fertility.

In brief: Not advisable
Dr. Burke Chegar
Dr. Burke Chegar
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Pregnancy & Dysport
The safety of Botox and Dysport in pregnant women had not been studied.
Since Botox & Dysport work locally in the muscles injected, it is theoretically safe to use. The manufacturers of the drugs and most physicians do not recommend that Dysport or Botox be used in pregnant women. If you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or beast feeding, it is prudent to wait before injections are performed.

In brief: Pregnancy & Dysport
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Neurotoxin
these products are not studied in pregnant people, especially for cosmetic use.

In brief: Neurotoxin
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: I don't think so
I don't believe any one really knows the answer to that question.
But i would stay away from it during pregnancy. Give the fetus the best chance of development, this way you won't blame yourself if everything is not ok. Good luck from nyc.

In brief: I don't think so
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Dr. Stephen Weber
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Not worth risk
There are no studies to either support or contraindicate Botox in pregnant or breast feeding women.
We tend to avoid Botox during this period because it is just not worth the risk, however small, of causing a problem. Botox should have no effect on fertility though. I hope this information is helpful. Stephen weber, M.D. Lone tree facial plastic surgeon.

In brief: Not worth risk
Dr. Stephen Weber
Dr. Stephen Weber
Dr. Lisa Kates
Dermatology
In brief: Botox/Dysport
Botox and Dysport are contraindicated in pregnancy.
There are no safety studies however. There is no evidence to suggest it has any effect on a woman's chance of getting pregnant.

In brief: Botox/Dysport
Dr. Lisa Kates
Dr. Lisa Kates
Dr. Kimberley O'Sullivan
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Safe but not ok
All of the paralytics have the same active ingredient: botulinum toxin a.
It works locally, which is why we can paralyze specific areas of the face and keep other areas actively moving. Therefore, there is no way that the toxin could get to the area of the pregnancy. However, all of the manufacturers recommend that it not be used during pregnancy. What if you faint and lose the baby? Best wait.

In brief: Safe but not ok
Dr. Kimberley O'Sullivan
Dr. Kimberley O'Sullivan
Dr. Adam Levy