Dr faust 1 tbsp manuka honey 16+ by mouth can be cause rashes in 6 year old? Thanks for all the advice & support.

Dr. Alan Greene

In brief: Pollen allergy?

Manuka honey is tested and must have manuka pollen: the bees feed on one particular type of flower in new zealand and australia.
If someone gets a rash whenever they eat this honey it would make me think of a pollen allergy or a an allergy to one of the unique phytochemicals found naturally in that honey. If you want to keep giving that honey, you may want to consult with an allergist.

In brief: Pollen allergy?

Dr. Alan Greene
Dr. Alan Greene
Dr. Robert Stuart

In brief: Maybe food allergy

Rashes that seem to be related to eating certain foods may indicate a food allergy.
Your child could have testing for food allergies. This can now be done with a simple blood test that your doctor can order.

In brief: Maybe food allergy

Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Cindy Juster