Can mouthwash help to kill mouth ulcers?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: I agree with

Dr. Davantzis. As a matter of fact, some mouth washes may actually make the ulcers feel worse as well as not hastening their healing.
Finally, there are many different types of mouth ulcers and they occur as a result of many different causes. It would be helpful to know for sure exactly what type you get.

In brief: I agree with

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler

In brief: No

There is nothing to kill.
The ulcerations will take there course and heal in approximately 10 to 14 days.

In brief: No

There is nothing to kill.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry

In brief: No but consider this

If you get ulcerations (from unknown causes) or canker sores frequently, you may have a problem with sodium lauryl sulfate, a foaming agent ingredient that is in most toothpaste and some mouthwashes.
Read product labels and try to find items without it.

In brief: No but consider this

Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Cindy Juster