Any tips for taking care of an ingrowing toe nail?

Depends on severity. This would depend on the severity, how long it has been a problem, and if it is infected. If this is mild and only been bothering you a week may resolve with soaking your foot in warm water. If there is pus you may want to see a doctor. A podiatrist (foot doctor) and some family medicine doctors can remove part of or all the nail if needed.
See foot doctor. Who can permenantly fix.