What does a long-tail in a d-dimer test mean? Has high-cholesterol and family history of high b.P./strokes. Had chest pain and shortness of breath

Complicated question. D-dimer is a fibrin degradation product a small protein fragment present in the blood after a blood clot is degraded by fibrinolysis. It is so named because it contains two cross linked d fragments of the fibrinogen protein .It is use to checked blood clots.The other part when you have all these factors, you have tendency for stroke.
D dimer. D dimer tests have good negative predictive valu, meaning that if negative, a clot can be ruled out. D- dimer has a long and a short chain. Long chained d- dimer are supposedly associated with stroke.