I have dep. &anxiety treated for 1year, the lats 2weeks I have been feeling my face left side tingling and lips. Is that normal? I take Lexapro (escitalopram) 20mg

Dr. Cyma Khalily

In brief: NO!!!

May need to consider a variety of things like are you hyperventilating because this can lead to the sensation of numbness.
Any other new medications that have been added? Is there any drooping that may indication bell's palsy(a virus) or maybe a small stroke? Did you Lexapro (escitalopram) just go to generic you may have a reaction to the generic formulation.See you physician.

In brief: NO!!!

Dr. Cyma Khalily
Dr. Cyma Khalily
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Face tingling

The most common cause of tingling sensations in the face or other parts of the body is anxiety.
If you have a history or depression and anxiety, then this is likely the cause. Lexapro (escitalopram) is in the family of anti-depressant medications known as ssris, which have been reported in some patients to cause tingling, shakiness, trembling, and/or sweats, but this is a much less common cause than anxiety.

In brief: Face tingling

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Eric Weisman