I get sharp pains in my head from time to time it lasts a couple seconds n goes away? Is that normal or sign of something serious

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Transient sharp pain
Transient sharp pains lasting only seconds are most often cause by pressure on some nerve, where the irritation causes an abnormal electrical discharge down the length of the nerve.
In the head, face, and neck this is often due to pressure on nerves between the vertebra. As long as it is occuring only intermittently, and only for a few seconds it is benign. If more persistent, see a doctor.

In brief: Transient sharp pain
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. William Forsythe