What do doctors do to remove a sebaceous cyst?

Minor Surgery. A non-infected sebaceous cyst is removed under local anesthesia through a small incision placed over the cyst. The cyst needs to be removed whole to prevent recurrence, so the incision is about the length of the cyst. The sooner it is removed, the smaller the incision. Infected cysts are lanced and can be excised after the infection has healed.
With a minor surgery. Numb up the skin. Make a small incision directly over the cyst. Remove the cyst completely, including the cyst wall. Sew it up neatly.