I don't have any fever no runny nose or anything I don't feel sick no sore throat but have been coughing non stop. What can I do to make it stop?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Depends...
Treatment of this cough depends on the etiology.
If it has been present for 3 weeks or more, it may be due to bronchospasm of any cause, gerd, post-nasal drip or a combination of these factors. You will need to see your doctor for diagnosis and then treatment. All of these have effective treatments. If you smoke, quitting will decrease inflammation.

In brief: Depends...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Chronic cough
You might need a chest x-ray, but "chronic cough" (over ~6 weeks) is most often from one or more of: a) asthma, b) post-nasal drip, and c) acid reflux .
If the cough began after a "cold" or similar symptoms, its probably one of the first two. Cough suppressants don't work very well, and if your cough persists, see your doc, especially if you smoke. Most chronic cough goes away or can be treated.

In brief: Chronic cough
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
In brief: See your doctor
Persistent cough can be due to some benign irritation of the parynx or trachea, biut could also be a sign of a more serius trachel problem or even a sign of a cardiovascular problem. If you have had no relief with over the counter cough supressants, it is time for a formal evaluation by your doctor.

In brief: See your doctor
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Marsha Davis